Only these things can be types (Article 72.5):
- An animal.
- Part of an animal.
- The fossilised work of an animal (e.g. a burrow, track or footprint) or the work of an extant animal (e.g. a wasp nest) if named before 1931.
- A natural colony of animals derived from a single individual e.g. a coral.
- A naturally formed fossilised replacement, impression, mould, cast, in whole or in part, of an animal or colony of animals.
- For extant protists, one or more preparations of a number of directly related individuals, which can include different life stages (a hapantotype).
- A microscope slide containing one or more clearly marked individual animals.
Type of Case: